Man working at a Computer Lab The Professor's Gate on the GWU Campus outdoor graduation ceremony at GWU soldier in uniform watching an online lesson on a tablet Informal stand-up meeting in a technology office space cherry blossoms surrounding a gazebo on the GWU Campus

Official Transcript Policy

Admitted students who have attended more than one institution of higher education must submit official credentials from each institution regardless of whether or not a degree was awarded. If a degree was awarded, the official transcript must state that the degree was conferred.

Official credentials/academic records can be sent to our office electronically (directly from the institution) to, or via mail (in sealed envelopes) to:

EMSE Off-Campus Programs
Attn: Michelle Harris
1 Old Oyster Point Rd., Suite 220
Newport News, VA 23602

Please note that all official credentials, such as transcripts, marks statements, or degree certificates become the property of the George Washington University once they have been submitted and will not be returned to the student or the issuing institution.

Admitted students from institutions in other countries:
Admitted students who have attended any institution(s) of higher education must submit an official English translated copy of their transcript(s), along with a copy of their original transcript in their country of origin’s language.

Transfer of Credit Policy
Beginning in October 2017, academic credit earned at another institution will not be transferred into any off-campus or online master’s program offered through the EMSE Online and Off-Campus Programs Office.

Request Information

To learn more about GW’s online graduate program in cybersecurity policy and compliance and download a free brochure, fill out the fields below. If you have any additional questions, please call (877) 246-4824 to speak to an admissions counselor.

* All Fields Required. Your Privacy is Protected.

The George Washington University respects your privacy. By submitting this form, you consent to receive emails and calls, which may use automated technology, from a representative of GW. We need your consent to contact you, but you can enroll without consenting to our contacting you.

  Are you enrolling from outside the U.S.? Click Here for an international-friendly contact form.