Program Start Dates
Students enroll in four standard 9-week sessions each year. Students may begin their studies during any of the five sessions offered each year:
- Spring 1: January – March
- Spring 2: March – May
- Fall 1: August – October
- Fall 2: October – December
There is an optional five-week accelerated session each Summer from June – July.
Students typically take one course per 9-week session. Subject to course availability, students may choose to double-up in any of the standard 9-week sessions.
The course order is determined by advisors based on what a student has taken and what is available in the session. Course details will be provided to students via email approximately one month prior to the start of classes.
For our annual academic calendar and application deadline information, please contact an admissions counselor at email@example.com.
While we work to maintain the dates as published, they are subject to change each semester until students receive an official registration notice from our office.
Ideal candidates for the program will meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum grade point average of B- (2.7 on a 4.0 scale) or higher (Applicants with less than a 2.7 GPA are welcome to apply and may be accepted conditionally based on a holistic review of application materials.)
- Work experience in an IT field for those who do not hold a degree in a technical discipline
Note: GW considers a candidate’s entire background and all submitted materials when reaching an admission decision. Applicants who do not meet these requirements may still be eligible for admission and their records will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Please contact an admissions counselor for more information.
To speed our review of your application for admission, order your official transcripts and prepare all other materials to submit at the same time as your application. All supplemental application materials must be received by the admissions office prior to the application deadline otherwise the file will be rejected as incomplete.
Complete application packets include:
- Completed Application:
- An Up-To-Date Resume or C.V.: This can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Statement of Purpose: In 250 words or less, describe how the M.Eng.(CPC) program fits into your professional life and career objectives.
- Official Transcripts: Official transcripts are required from all institutions attended to complete the application packet. More information on transcript requirements can be found on the transcript policy page.
- Letters of Recommendation: Three letters of recommendation are required for admission. At least one of these letters must come from a professional reference. Please download the letter of recommendation form, fill out the top portion, and email the form to the individual providing the recommendation. A letter of recommendation is only considered official when it is sent directly from the individual providing the recommendation to an admissions counselor via email at at email@example.com or via fax at 888-245-5409. Submissions directly from applicants will not be accepted.
- GRE or GMAT Scores: GRE or GMAT scores are recommended.
There is no application fee for this program. When completing the application form, you will also need to upload your resume and statement of purpose.
If you’re applying from outside the U.S., please see international student admissions information and additional requirements.
Beginning in October 2017, academic credit earned at another institution will not be transferred into any online graduate program offered through the SEAS Online Programs Office.
To learn more about GW’s online graduate program in cybersecurity policy and compliance and download a free brochure, fill out the fields below. If you have any additional questions, please call (877) 246-4824 to speak to an admissions counselor.
The George Washington University respects your privacy. By submitting this form, you consent to receive emails and calls, which may use automated technology, from a representative of GW. We need your consent to contact you, but you can enroll without consenting to our contacting you.