Program Start Dates
The next start date is the week of January 7, 2019.
The deadline for submitting your application to be eligible for this start date is December 10, 2018.
Students enroll in four standard 10-week sessions each year. Students may begin their studies during any of the five sessions offered each year:
- Spring 1: January – March
- Spring 2: March – May
- Fall 1: August – October
- Fall 2: October – December
There is an optional five-week accelerated session each Summer from June – July.
Fall 2018 – Spring 2019 session dates are as follows:
- Fall 1: August 6, 2018 – October 11, 2018
- Fall 2: October 15, 2018 – December 20, 2018
- Spring 1: January 7, 2019 – March 14, 2019
- Spring 2: March 25, 2019 – May 30, 2019
Students typically take one course per 10-week session. Subject to course availability, students may choose to double-up in any of the standard 10-week sessions.
The course order is determined by advisors based on what a student has taken and what is available in the session. Course details will be provided to students via email approximately one month prior to the start of classes.
For our annual academic calendar and application deadline information, please contact an Admissions Counselor at email@example.com.
While we work to maintain the dates as published, they are subject to change each semester until students receive an official registration notice from our office.
Ideal candidates for the program will meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum grade point average of B (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) or higher (otherwise qualified applicants may be offered conditional acceptance)
- Work experience in an IT field for those who do not hold a degree in a technical discipline
Note: GW considers a candidate’s entire background and all submitted materials when reaching an admission decision. Applicants who do not meet these requirements may still be eligible for admission and their records will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Please contact an Admissions Counselor for more information.
To speed our review of your application for admission, order your official transcripts and prepare all other materials before submitting your application. Within 30 days of submitting the application, all supplemental application materials must be received by the admissions office. After that time, the file will be rejected as incomplete.
Complete application packets include:
- Completed Application
- Official Transcripts: Official transcripts are required from all institutions attended to complete the application packet.* More information on transcript requirements can be found on the transcript policy page.
- Statement of Purpose: In 250 words or less, describe how the Cybersecurity Policy and Compliance program fits into your professional life and career objectives.
- Letters of Recommendation: Three letters of recommendation are required for admission. At least one of these letters must come from a professional reference. Please download the letter of recommendation form, fill out the top portion, and email the form to the individual providing the recommendation. A letter of recommendation is only considered official when it is sent directly from the individual providing the recommendation to an Admissions Counselor via email at at firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax at 888-245-5409. Submissions directly from applicants will not be accepted.
- An up-to-date resume or C.V.: This can be submitted to email@example.com.
Note: GRE and GMAT scores are not required to complete the application packet, but can be submitted to strengthen the application.
If you’re applying from outside the U.S., please see international student admissions information and additional requirements.
Beginning in October 2017, academic credit earned at another institution will not be transferred into any off-campus or online master’s program offered through the EMSE Online and Off-Campus Programs Office.
To learn more about GW’s online graduate program in cybersecurity policy and compliance and download a free brochure, fill out the fields below. If you have any additional questions, please call (877) 246-4824 to speak to an admissions counselor.
The George Washington University respects your privacy. By submitting this form, you consent to receive emails and calls, which may use automated technology, from a representative of GW. We need your consent to contact you, but you can enroll without consenting to our contacting you.