The George Washington University was founded in 1821 to honor its namesake. Since then, it has become the largest university in the D.C. metropolitan area, deeply interwoven with the culture and industries of the city. GW offers its students access to opportunities in many different fields with the unquestionable confidence that comes from having graduated from a respected, reputable institution of higher learning.
Our heritage of innovation and excellence has earned us many accolades, including:
- U.S. News & World Report 2017
- #56 National Universities
- #55 Best Online Graduate Engineering Schools
- #32 Best Colleges for Veterans
- #89 Best Engineering Schools
- The Princeton Review
- The Best 381 Colleges: 2017 Edition
- A ‘Best Northeast’ college in “2017 Colleges: Region by Region”
- Colleges that Create Futures
- Green Colleges
- #103 Overall (America’s Top Colleges)
- #86 in Private Colleges
- #47 in Research Universities
- #51 in the Northeast
- Academic Ranking of World Universities 2016
- World Rank 301–400
- National Rank 99–119
To learn more about GW’s online graduate program in cybersecurity policy and compliance and download a free brochure, fill out the fields below. If you have any additional questions, please call (877) 246-4824 to speak to an admissions counselor.
The George Washington University respects your right to privacy. By submitting this form, you consent to receive emails and calls from a representative of the George Washington University, which may include the use of automated technology. Consent is needed to contact you, but is not a requirement to register or enroll.